Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Major Major!

Before I proceed, I, personally, would like to thank and congratulate Fr. Samson for doing a job well done. You have served the Ateneo community well and you're contributions will never be forgotten.

So now since Fr. Samson is stepping down and a new President is stepping up, let this blog (if he ever reads it) be some sort of pool of idea on what I think should be done to convince the people that Ateneo de Davao worth spending both years and thousands for.

First on the list is to abolish it's uniform policy. Wearing the Ateneo uniform on a hot day is like baking yourself on the heat of the sunlight. Wearing the uniform somehow multiplies the scorching heat of the sun. Furthermore, wearing the uniform does nothing to minimize the chill you feel when it's a rainy or cold day. It's absolutely useless (of course instead of covering your body from the eyes of others). People would rather wear something comfortable on a hot day and something cozy on a cold day. And of course they would prefer to be creative with their style on a normal, not so cold not so hot, day. But if it's decency the administration is worried about, of course it's possible to keep the dress restriction. School is still a place to study not a gigantic cat walk. My point is, students are more comfortable studying if what they wear helps them be comfortable.

Next on the list is to give focus on its athletics. The Ateneo should include more ways in keeping its students physically sound. So far, basketball and volleyball are the only sport I see being played here in Ateneo and not everyone knows there's a chess team in our school (is there?). Does Ateneo plan to make their students physically sound by making them dance for 4 semesters? Hey, i have nothing against dancing, but shouldn't there be a choice for the students to make? When i first entered the university I had no choice but to dance my butt of just to make my tuition's worth when I could just shoot hoops (which I'm better at compared to dancing) or kick some footballs to earn a decent grade. And I believe sports is way effective in making students physically fit and sound compared to dancing.

Lastly, I would immediately implement that the campus radio be exposed in the whole university grounds. Scattering speakers all over the campus grounds. By this making the campus people more aware in the latest news, music and even in-born Atenean talents. I will let this campus radio be an avenue for news that students need to know, music that students should listen to and a stage for talents to showcase what their got. Isn't it nice for students be informed as soon as the news break? or allowing talented people to let the students appreciate music created by their fellow Atenean?

Well if all of these were to be implemented as soon as possible, I would love to re-enroll in Ateneo if ever I decide to get my MBA or enroll in Law school in Ateneo de Davao.

1 comment:

  1. Good point about all the dancing. :)

    Your grade for this one is 100%

    ReplyDelete