Friday, December 3, 2010

Compensation.

What inspired me to create this entry is the shameful (for me) fact that I have been dateless for the past 3 years now and all my life I only had one girlfriend and that was 5 years ago. No, I'm not about to tell you how hopeless I am when it comes to courting, relationships or any other related issues. But right about now I'm about to tell you why you should go out with me, or make you think twice before saying no. No, I am desperate in searching for a date but I'm giving justice to myself by telling the whole world the things women (yes, I will sound very sexist right about now) ignores. Yes, women ignore these very crucial and important things because they already judge you by your outward appearance before making any attempt to know their inner true self. True? You wouldn't dare to disagree. (Told you I was going to be sexist).

I want to make it clear that this blog is NOT out of my bitterness from my experiences but this is a blog of encouragement of some sort to all singles out there. Encouragement that there are still men, whom you thought are already extinct, out there with wonderful personalities. This is an encouragement to the ladies that there are gold in the personalities of the people whom you disregard because of their outward appearance. So here are some reasons why you (not you ma’am) should go out with a guy like me.

1. I may not be blessed with good looks, but my personality can compensate for it.

Yes, I admit, I am not the type of guy that women fall for because of their looks. But if my personality can take a human from, rest assured you’ll fall for that guy. Why? Because I’m a gentleman, sensitive, understanding, forgiving, trustworthy, and reliable. Of course by saying all these things you could rule out humility in my personality, but I am not arrogant, I’m just proud of who I am.

2. I may not be blessed with a killer smile, but I have a hundred ways of making you smile.

I am a person full of humor, I may not be good with jokes, but I have a unique way of putting those God given smiles on your faces. People are unique from each other and so is the way of making them smile. I may be not the type of person who smiles a lot but I am kind of person who lives to place smiles on the faces of people.

3. I may not be blessed with cool talents, but the only thing I know I’m good at is to love.

I don’t know how to play any music instrument. I am not blessed with a good voice and I am not blessed with an athletic body but when everyone is playing their music, singing their song or playing their games, I am with people whom I dearly love and I made sure they feel it.

I know this won’t change anything but if there’s anything I would like you to bring home is the truth that people are like gold mines, they may look plain and boring outside, but it’s full of gold in the inside (now you know why it’s called a gold mine)

1 comment:

  1. I am tempted to post this one on my facebook to try to see if there would be any takers. Hahaha.

    Anyhow, kidding aside, the post was really good except for minor singular-made-plural words. So, generally it's good.

    As for your 'situation', women your age are still more into the 'ideal'. I say, keep your 'personality' and don't change. Have fun right now while they're still overly concerned with what other people might say. Do not settle on becoming one of the ideals but rather be who you are right now.

    As I'd always say (and do apply in my life), I don't want to be the first or that someone who gave her all, but rather, I'd want to be the one 'who got away'. They'll regret in the end for not giving you a chance - that's the sweetest revenge :)

    Your grade for this post is 98%

    ReplyDelete