Saturday, November 13, 2010

Letters to Juliet

Dear Juliet,


Indeed, I am foolish, foolish enough to put to waste everything I was trying to salvage. I am foolish enough to hope. I am foolish enough to believe there’s still a way to return things the way it used to be. I am a fool to the extent that I miss you, even if you just used me.

You once gave back life to me. You sparked my every days. You gave me another reason to wake up and see the beauty of the world, in you. Even if others made me happy, you’re the one who completed my days. You were happiness itself. And I enjoyed every single stolen second we shared. I was truly, madly and deeply in love with you and you said you felt something too, but you were not sure about what it is you feel for me, you were never sure. I knew from the start that the things between us complicated, but I refused to see it that way. Your heart was already taken, but I was fighting for it too. You were in love with someone else; I was in love with you. Now things got more complicated, but now, I don’t bother to look at it anymore. After using me to until you get what you wanted, now I will use you to get what I need, pain.

I was on my trip on being better, But now, I'd rather not feel anything.

Misery, bitterness, hatred, anger, anguish, pain, suffering and agony what more can one man withstand? All of these became my friends, and pain became my anesthesia. Pain drowned all reasons and bitterness sweetened every frail word. Suffering fueled my agony and agony blurred my vision of hate and hate dismembered all traces of love and finally misery did its part of hardening my heart.

I no longer need you’re apologies, or your sympathy. I need not anything from you. What I need now is not to get over you, but you to die inside of me. Now that I’m null, I no longer need to run away from you. Seeing you will bring forth new waves of pain and pain will only make me numb. Hearing you will bring memories, memories that will be burned by apathy. Nothing can hurt me anymore for I’m too numb to feel.

You brought back life so that you can kill me again. This is how I summarize our story, this is how I epically failed, AGAIN.

1 comment:

  1. Good. But next time, try to pick a happier subject.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete